16 Nov Top 6 reasons to get your AC serviced this winter
The winter clothes are out of the closet and the weather is just perfect for an evening drive, with the windows rolled down and the wind in your hair. After months and months of working overtime, you can finally turn off the Air Conditioning (AC) and throw open the windows and doors to let the fresh air in.
Which means you can forget about your AC system until next summer, right? Well…wrong.
It might seem counterintuitive, but winter is actually a great time to get your AC system serviced. Our experts recommend getting them serviced at least every 4 months to keep them in optimum condition. This year has been tough on us all, we’ve spent far more time in our homes that most of us expected which means your AC system has also been working far harder too. So while they take some well-deserved downtime, now is a great time to give them a bit of a special treatment.
Here are We Will Fix It’s ‘Top 6 reasons to get your AC serviced’ this winter:-
1. Better cooling ability: If you don’t remember when you last serviced your AC, chances are that your AC’s cooling performance has taken a hit. Wear and tear over the daily use during summer takes a toll on your AC’s compressor, condensing and evaporator coil, greatly diminishing your AC’s ability to function efficiently. Consider getting your AC serviced and avoid a nasty shock when you go to turn it back on when the heat starts building up again.
2. Optimum consumption of electricity/improved efficiency: Have your DEWA bills been hitting the roof with no logical explanation? Your AC could be the silent culprit. An AC that has not been serviced has to work harder to supply cool air. A gradual buildup of dirt and undetected faults within your AC unit force your system to function in testing conditions, this can contribute to your electricity bills spiralling to dizzying heights.
3. Avoid the need for costly replacements: Regular maintenance and servicing of your AC system enables your AC to operate in optimal condition and any signs of inefficiency should be addressed through preventative maintenance. Servicing your AC on a regular basis is a sure way of avoiding expensive repair work and works out to be economically viable in the long run
4. Improved air quality: Have you ever had a chance to look into your AC vents, filters or ducts? If yes, you know it can be described as a sight straight out of a horror movie! An unclean AC filter gathers dirt, debris, dust, pollen, pet dander and other allergens which can have an adverse effect on your health and wellbeing. Regular AC servicing ensures that you and your family are breathing, clean, fresh air on a daily basis. After all, your AC’s main role is not just to keep you cool, but also to effectively regulate indoor air quality
5. Aids in the early detection of potential problems: If there was one proverb that could sum up the entire essence of AC servicing, it would have to be, ‘A stitch in time saves nine.’ Early detection of potential AC problems is key to ensuring smooth functioning of your unit and avoiding costly repair bills. Whether it is a refrigerant leak or faulty air flow, regular AC servicing helps in identifying a failing component and taking necessary measures to bring it up to speed. Far better to get any repairs done when you are not relying on your AC system to keep the you cool.
6. Helps retain an environment-friendly atmosphere/approach: An AC that has been serviced regularly helps you reduce your carbon footprint by consuming less electricity for optimum performance.
Now that you have a fairly decent amount of information to help you decide on getting an AC service, you stand at yet another crossroad. Who do you call to get the job done?
Here are some tips to help you decide who you should choose:
- Choose someone who does not force you to make a hurried decision. This is a scare tactic employed to get you to commit to spending a large amount of money, without proper system inspection.
- Do your homework: Make sure you do some basic research on the best AC service company in Dubai and go through their website to see how they do business. Reading up on company reviews is also a great way to gauge the credibility of a company.
- Choose a company that has a substantial amount of experience in the industry: An established AC service company has years of experience on the job and knows all there is to know about AC servicing in Dubai.
- Choose a company that has a reputation for displaying utmost professionalism and is known to deliver great results, consistently.
Got any more questions? The team at We Will Fix It is happy to answer any of your home maintenance questions. Our bookings team includes qualified British tradesman and after 12 years working here in Dubai, our team understand some of the unique challenges we face in keep properties well maintained and ready for the harsh Dubai summers.